Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fire on ice.

Well, maybe it's just me and my blind optimism to blame. Or maybe it's you and your sick need to give love then take it away. And you'll add my name to your long list of traitors who don't understand. And I'll look back in regret how I ignored when they said run as fast as you can...

You are an expert at sorry and keeping lines blurry, never impressed by me acing your tests. All the girls that you've run dry, their tired lifeless eyes 'cause you burned them out. But I took your matches before fire could catch me so don't look now.....

I should've known.


I heard a quote once that said something like, "You don't fully understand the lyrics of a song until you're exactly in that place, feeling those same things. And then all of a sudden it will hit you, and you'll know exactly what they're singing about."

I know what Adele was feeling when she wrote about setting fire to the rain, I know what Taylor Swift was talking about when she had taken those matches before fire could catch her...

And then there's those songs... I know what Relient K was talking about when they wrote Must've Done Something Right, and the Best Thing, I know what Taylor Swift was feeling when she wrote Enchanted...

I don't like feeling broken and hurting.

So, here's some words for you.
You'll probably never read this, but in case you ever stumble upon it...
No, I'm not weak, I give out more chances because I know what it's like to be denied them. No, I'm not dramatic, you caused this, and I was just being honest. Yes, I was naive, but I won't be ever again.
I trusted you, I gave you a part of me and you tore it apart. You took a swing, took it hard, and down here from the ground I see who you are.
You're familiar with the game of baseball, yeah 3 strikes and your out.

So thank you.
Thank you for proving to me to not be too soon to trust.
Thank you for knocking me down so that I could prove to you that I could get back up on my own two feet, standing tall, because I'm confident with who I am.
I haven't always been, but I am now. I deserve to be treated right. I deserve to be treated like I'm worth something, because I know I am.
Thank you for helping me see that I'm stronger then this.

Watch me shine, boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment