Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lessons Learned.

Tonight my dad read me this quote.
I almost lost it.

"The wounds in his hands, feet, and side are signs that in mortality painful things happen even to the pure and the perfect, signs that tribulation is not evidence that God does not love us. It is a significant and hopeful fact that it is the wounded Christ who comes to our rescue. He who bears the scars of sacrifice, the lesions of love, the emblems of humility and forgiveness is the captain of our Soul. That evidence of pain in mortality is undoubtedly intended to give courage to others who are also hurt and wounded by life, perhaps even in the house of their friends." -Jeffrey R. Holland
Don't worry, friend. It's okay.


How grateful I am for the peace the gospel brings to my life. How grateful I am for the blessing of the atonement and the ability to feel Christs love strengthen me through my trials. 
He strengthens me every day and I am forever in his debt. 
"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation." 2 Nephi 22:2

No comments:

Post a Comment