Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Don't blink.

If you could have one glimpse 6 or 7 or 10 years in the future, would you take it?
My initial thought was, "Absolutely!!"
But then next I thought, "I know I'll be smiling, I'll be happy, mostly. But would I be ready to see it?"
I mean would I be ready to see myself holding hands with a guy, both of us laughing, both of us wearing rings? Both of us making the other half better?
What if it really isn't him though?
If it's that time, would I be able to feel a kick in my belly, knowing that I was going to be a mother soon? Or could I glimpse down at a blue eyed toddler who has her daddy's smile?

I don't know right now if I could take it. I'd love it, but I'd be scared. I just don't want to mess up.
I want to be able to look into the eyes of that man and know that I was home, not be doubting because of pain I feel now.
I'd want to be able to look into the little blue eyes that mirror mine, and know that this was one of the best gifts I'd ever received.

Why do I get caught up in the pain of now so often? It's all in the Lord's hands.
He will make things right.
Every pain and heartache and sorrow will be made up, I've just gotta keep pressing forward.
Keep moving, Chelle. You're strong.
Stronger then you give yourself credit for.
"It was all turn out okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." -Pres. Hinckley
"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." -Pres. Hinckley

Time to follow a prophet.
Time to smile...
Or I guess, time to wear that smile you gave me, that smile you taught me how to smile. (And yes, I'm talking about you, you know who you are.)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment